Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
• We knew Anna Benson was crazy, but not this crazy. Just as a refresher, here's a picture of Mrs. Benson in happier, saner days (relatively speaking).
• Urban decay: Meyer's rep has taken a hit in the wake of Gonzo's arrest. Of course, some say it's more than fair to question Meyer's methods at Florida.
• Colin Kaepernick wore a Dolphins hat on the Fourth, much to the consternation of Niner Nation. He's responded to Lid-Gate by saying he's gonna wear what he wants.
• Gary Player nude! Need we say more?
• Boy, the SEC's loaded — with coaches. Saturday Down South ranks them 1-14. When Dan Mullen's No. 11 after taking Mississippi State to three bowls in four years, you know it's a CEO's league.
• A young Ohio State fan named his brain tumor "Michigan" then proceeded to kick its ass. I suspect even Michigan fans can get on board with that.
• Horror isn't the only movie genre where they follow rules, Scream-style. Here are seven rules every sports movie follows.
• Not every athlete commands a high price tag on the trade market. Here are some athletes who were traded for a song (or a case of bats, or $1, or 15 kilos of pork…)
• Elvis Andrus loves to screw with Adrian Beltre on pop-ups. Not sure why, but it's GIF gold.
• Now this is a defensive play: Robbing your opponent of a go-ahead home run with two outs in the ninth inning.
• Teach a man to fish, and he'll eat for a lifetime. Teach an old man to fish with his hands, and he's an Essential 11 link.