Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for July 5.
• Sorry, fellas — Natalie Gulbis is engaged. Oh well. We'll always have the bodypaint spread.
• Joey Chestnut ate 69 hot dogs yesterday. As Bob Ley tweeted, this is why our founders pledged their lives, their fortunes, their sacred honor.
• As our tribute to American gluttony, here are 25 epic "Only in America" food items.
• It was an especially happy Fourth for one (no doubt long-suffering) Royals fan. A Lorenzo Cain grand slam netted her 25 large.
• Proving that baseball isn't the only sport with insufferable stat nerds, KenPom digs into the value of two-for-ones.
• The Bruins hired a guard to prevent Tyler Seguin from partying during the playoffs. Now that's attention to detail.
• Looking to creep our your guests at your next dinner party? Serve them Silence of the Lambs-themed chianti.
• This is a bit random, but whatever: Celtics fan Roddy White is not a fan of the Brad Stevens hire.
• Already thinking about life after Johnny Football? You'll be glad to hear that the future of the quarterback position in the SEC is very bright.
• Chris Parmalee didn't care that his team was down 9-1. He was going to catch the baseball.
--- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]