Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for July 8.
• Country songbird and Eric Decker better half Jessie James might be our new favorite WAG. Here are a few reasons why.
• Here's how Andy Murray spent his post-Wimbledon morning. I'd say Britain is pleased — as were Bradley Cooper and Gerard Butler at their bro-tastic best.
• Here are 21 ways not to celebrate a championship. My only quibble with the list: Nothing wrong with hitting up Denny's. A grand slam breakfast is a perfectly good way to celebrate.
• Sometimes, ESPN does things well. This is one of those times. A moving story of a producer and two special athletes.
• The Seahawks got together with Fail Mary replacement ref Lance Easley for a charity softball game, where Easley posed for a photo with Golden Tate that will be like picking a scab for Packers fans.
• Pro hoops has a new power couple: Kevin Durant is engaged to Minnesota Lynx player Monica Wright.
• Saturday Down South picked East-West SEC All-Star Teams a la MLB. That's a game I'd pay to see.
• More Roger Goodell moralizing: The NFL reportedly is considering not inviting academically ineligible players to the NFL Combine.
• Interesting historical footnote: Kid Rock was present for the Malice at the Palace.
• Manny Machado went all Brooks Robinson on the Yankees yesterday.
--- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org