Articles By Rich Mcvey
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for May 21.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for May 19.
• If you haven't checked out Gigi Hadid's swimsuit pictorial on SI, you should. Like you really, really should.
• Jaguars faithful set the record for practice attendance with 6,214 fans on Saturday. Wonder if they can get that many for the last game of the season?
• Some truly sad news. Tyrone Moore Jr., the half-brother of Atlanta Falcons star wide receiver Roddy White, was shot to death outside a James Island, S.C., nightclub early Saturday.
• Mike Tyson posted an epic #selfie from the Preakness. The photo (see above) included Tom Brady and Kliff Kingsbury.
• Speaking of selfless, check out Tom Hanks with fans at the German Cup finals.
• An 89-year-old Frank Broyles will officially “retire” at the end of June — concluding a 55-year association with the Razorbacks.
• For just the second time in collegiate baseball history, a team turned two triple plays in a single game Friday.
• Watch as a cameraman is hit with a stray tire during the Norwegian Rally Championship. He seems much happier about it than we would be.
• Watch as a young fan switches out his foul ball souvenir and gives the decoy ball to a pretty girl behind him. Smooth kid. Sma-ooth.
During the Carolina-Miami game, Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill threw a pass that was tipped, and then tipped again, and again, and again…and again…and… you get what we're saying.
Lakers guard Xavier Henry threw down a monstrous dunk over Pelicans rookie center Jeff Withey at the Staples Center on Tuesday. It was a thing of beauty.
The Giants' Hunter Pence crushed a ball during the first inning of yesterday's game against the Rockies. The ball was estimated to have traveled 476 feet, making it the longest home run in MLB this season.
The Atlanta Braves' Elliot Johnson was interviewed about hitting a triple following yesterday's game against Cleveland. Johnson's response seems have come straight out of a NASCAR PR manual as he thanked numerous sponsors, his car, and his crew chief.
Well, I don't know if I've ever seen this happen before. White Sox bench coach Mark Parent was ejected by the umpire before Sunday's game even started. While exchanging lineups, Parent can been seen making a comment to crew chief Jerry Layne, who responded by telling Parent to hit the road.
The Braves' Chris Johnson was spotted on the bench during this weekend's game against the Cardinals sporting bubble gum on his hat, thanks to his pranking teammates. The best part is that he discovered the gum in the reflection of Reed Johnson's sunglasses and immediately began to beat him on the head.
We can all thank Fox Sports 1 for this boxing gem. On Monday night Danny Jacobs stepped into the ring with Giovanni Lorenzo and did this to Lorenzo's face in the third round to win the WBC Continental Americas middleweight title.
Sideline reporter Pam Oliver was in the wrong place at the wrong time during warm-ups for yesterday's Colts-Giants game. Colts back-up QB Chandler Harnish threw a tight spiral that landed on the side of Oliver's face. Ouch!
Harnish has since apologized.
Would like to take this time to apologize to Pam Oliver, for the bad pass to the face.. Be expecting flowers in the mail soon! #ToughLady— Chandler Harnish (@C_Harnish) August 19, 2013
What happens when a Tennessee fan decides to make a video boasting how his Vols are going to beat the Oregon Ducks on Sept. 14? Internet gold. Watch the video and check out our favorite responses from members of the college football subreddit that brought this gem to our attention.
Best comments from Redditors
First off, let's acknowledge that Michael Jordan is 50 and can still dunk. Amazing. However, it might be slightly more impressive if it weren't for the fact that he's doing against, what appear to be, a 10-year-old child.
The Rangers' Elvis Andrus slipped while covering second, but still managed to tag Erick Aybar while laid out on the dirt. The smile on his face afterwards says it all.