College Football Blog
CFB Blog Post Listing With Tags
By Steven Lassan, 1 month 3 weeks ago
Last year, photos of a gray Kentucky jersey and helmet circulated on the internet. But the Wildcats didn’t wear the gray uniforms in 2013.
Could that change in 2014?
The all-gray uniforms returned to the internet this week, with freshman quarterback Drew Barker modeling the new look.
Overall, this isn’t a bad look for Kentucky.
All grey everything? pic.twitter.com/tvEEBSiz8U— The SEC Logo (@SEC_Logo) January 20, 2014
By Steven Lassan, 6 months 3 weeks ago
College Football’s 2013 season has yet to start, but the SEC is already planning for 2014. On Wednesday, the conference released its 2014 slate, headlined by a Thursday night opener on Aug. 28 between Texas A&M and South Carolina.
Here are a few key takeaways from the schedule release: (Click here to check out the full schedule)
* Texas A&M at South Carolina (Aug. 28) – Excellent way to open the season, but don’t expect Johnny Manziel or Jadeveon Clowney to be playing in this one.
* Georgia at South Carolina (Sept. 13) – Another early season matchup between these two East Division rivals.
* Florida at Alabama (Sept. 20) – An early preview for the SEC Championship?
* Florida at Tennessee (Oct. 4) – A slightly later date for this game in 2013.
* Alabama at LSU (Nov. 8) – Always huge SEC West title implications when these two teams meet.
* LSU at Texas A&M (Nov. 27) – Thanksgiving night matchup between these two teams should be must-see television.
* Arkansas at Missouri (Nov. 29) – Border rivals meet for only the sixth time…and the first time as SEC opponents.
Florida: at Alabama, LSU
Georgia: at Arkansas, Auburn
Kentucky: at LSU, Mississippi State
Missouri: at Texas A&M, Arkansas
South Carolina: Texas A&M, at Auburn
Tennessee: at Ole Miss, Alabama
Vanderbilt: Ole Miss, at Mississippi State
Alabama: Florida, at Tennessee
Arkansas: Georgia, at Missouri
Auburn: South Carolina, at Georgia
LSU: at Florida, Kentucky
Mississippi State: at Kentucky, Vanderbilt
Ole Miss: at Vanderbilt, Tennessee
Texas A&M: at South Carolina, Missouri
College Football, News, SEC, Alabama Crimson Tide, Arkansas Razorbacks, Auburn Tigers, Florida Gators, Georgia Bulldogs, Kentucky Wildcats, LSU Tigers, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Missouri Tigers, Ole Miss Rebels, South Carolina Gamecocks, Tennessee Volunteers, Texas A&M Aggies, Vanderbilt Commodores
By Steven Lassan, 7 months 3 weeks ago
The Mark Stoops era at Kentucky is already off to a fast start, as the Wildcats have one of the nation’s top recruiting classes. And as Stoops looks to build an identity and breathe some life into the program, Kentucky could be looking at updating its helmets and jerseys for 2013.
This photo tweeted by recruit Matt Elam showcases Kentucky’s matte black helmet and gray jersey.
Is it just something for show? Or will we see it in a game this year?