College Football Blog
CFB Blog Post Listing With Tags
By Steven Lassan, 8 months 1 day ago
College Football’s 2013 season has yet to start, but the SEC is already planning for 2014. On Wednesday, the conference released its 2014 slate, headlined by a Thursday night opener on Aug. 28 between Texas A&M and South Carolina.
Here are a few key takeaways from the schedule release: (Click here to check out the full schedule)
* Texas A&M at South Carolina (Aug. 28) – Excellent way to open the season, but don’t expect Johnny Manziel or Jadeveon Clowney to be playing in this one.
* Georgia at South Carolina (Sept. 13) – Another early season matchup between these two East Division rivals.
* Florida at Alabama (Sept. 20) – An early preview for the SEC Championship?
* Florida at Tennessee (Oct. 4) – A slightly later date for this game in 2013.
* Alabama at LSU (Nov. 8) – Always huge SEC West title implications when these two teams meet.
* LSU at Texas A&M (Nov. 27) – Thanksgiving night matchup between these two teams should be must-see television.
* Arkansas at Missouri (Nov. 29) – Border rivals meet for only the sixth time…and the first time as SEC opponents.
Florida: at Alabama, LSU
Georgia: at Arkansas, Auburn
Kentucky: at LSU, Mississippi State
Missouri: at Texas A&M, Arkansas
South Carolina: Texas A&M, at Auburn
Tennessee: at Ole Miss, Alabama
Vanderbilt: Ole Miss, at Mississippi State
Alabama: Florida, at Tennessee
Arkansas: Georgia, at Missouri
Auburn: South Carolina, at Georgia
LSU: at Florida, Kentucky
Mississippi State: at Kentucky, Vanderbilt
Ole Miss: at Vanderbilt, Tennessee
Texas A&M: at South Carolina, Missouri
College Football, News, SEC, Alabama Crimson Tide, Arkansas Razorbacks, Auburn Tigers, Florida Gators, Georgia Bulldogs, Kentucky Wildcats, LSU Tigers, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Missouri Tigers, Ole Miss Rebels, South Carolina Gamecocks, Tennessee Volunteers, Texas A&M Aggies, Vanderbilt Commodores
By Steven Lassan, 8 months 1 week ago
Ole Miss is expecting big things from freshman defensive end Robert Nkemdiche.
And the nation’s No. 1 recruit is certainly showcasing his talents in fall practice in this short video from Jackson Clarion-Ledger writer Hugh Kellenberger:
By Steven Lassan, 8 months 4 weeks ago
An Ole Miss chrome helmet made its rounds on the internet a week ago, but it doesn’t appear the Rebels will be wearing that version anytime soon.
But what about a powder blue version? Ole Miss previously wore a similar variation, in the 1980s and 90s, but switched to its darker blue scheme in 1995.
This photo was tweeted by Bruce Johnston, Ole Miss’ coordinator of recruiting development, but Kyle Campbell, the Rebels' sports information director, has already indicated there is no plan to wear the powder blue helmets.
Who knows, maybe Ole Miss will break out this version in the future. But for now, it’s simply another concept floating around.
By Steven Lassan, 9 months 1 day ago
Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze created plenty of buzz on the recruiting trail with a top-10 recruiting class. But are the Rebels going to make some more noise in the helmet department?
This photo showcases a chrome Ole Miss helmet (which is a pretty sharp look). However, it’s uncertain if this look will be worn in a game this year, or if this is just a concept look created for recruiting purposes.
Either way, it’s a shiny (and potentially awesome) look for Ole Miss.