Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Braxton Miller should be a top-five pick in fantasy drafts.
Fall college fantasy football drafts are right around the corner and Athlon is here to help win your league in 2014. Athlon Sports has teamed with Joe DiSalvo of thecffsite.com to provide the latest rankings for the upcoming year.
Thecffsite.com is the No. 1 place for college fantasy news, rankings and weekly projections during the year.
Below is the projected top 50 overall performers for 2014. Want to go deeper? Check out thecffsite.com’s draft kit, which contains keeper league information, more rankings and analysis.
Scoring system rankings based upon:
All draft values are based on a 12-team, 20-round draft using the following scoring system:
Passing—25 pass yds = 1 point
Passing TD = 4 points
Rushing—10 rushing yards = 1 point
Rushing TDs = 6 points
Receiving—.5 points per reception, 10 receiving yards = 1 point, Receiving TDs = 6 points
Updated: July 4, 2014, by Joe DiSalvo (@theCFFsite)
Visit Fantrax.com to play college fantasy football in 2014.
Note: This is not a list of the best players in college football. This is a ranking of the best players in terms of fantasy value (players who will have the best numbers in college football for 2014).
Other Positional Rankings: Quarterbacks | Running Backs | Wide Receivers
College Fantasy Football: Top 50 Overall for 2014
1. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
2. Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
3. Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
4. Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio State
5. Jeremy Langford, RB, Michigan State
6. D.J. Foster, RB, Arizona State
7. Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
8. Rakeem Cato, QB, Marshall
9. Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska
10. Matt Johnson, QB, Bowling Green
11. Davis Webb, QB, Texas Tech
12. Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina
13. Antwan Goodley, WR, Baylor
14. Justin Hardy, WR, East Carolina
15. Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State
16. Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana
17. Deontay Greenberry, WR, Houston
18. Travis Greene, RB, Bowling Green
19. Taysom Hill, QB, BYU
20. Byron Marshall, RB, Oregon
21. Nelson Agholor, WR, USC
22. Jahwan Edwards, RB, Ball State
23. Tyler Lockett, WR, Kansas Sate
24. Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh
25. Jamison Crowder, WR, Duke
26. Keenan Reynolds, QB, Navy
27. Duke Johnson, RB, Miami
28. Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo
29. Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
30. Josh Harper, WR, Fresno State
31. Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State
32. Jamaal Williams, RB, BYU
33. Shane Carden, QB, East Carolina
34. DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
35. Shock Linwood, RB, Baylor
36. Ezekiel Elliot, RB, Ohio State
37. T.J. Yeldon, RB, Alabama
38. Javorius Allen, RB, USC
39. Desmond Roland, RB, Oklahoma State
40. Titus Davis, WR, Central Michigan
41. Tommy Shuler, WR, Marshall
42. Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State
43. Thomas Tyner, RB, Oregon
44. Jordan Williams, WR, Ball State
45. Marcus Cox, RB, Appalachian State
46. Devante Davis, WR, UNLV
47. Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State
48. Nick Marshall, QB, Auburn
49. William Stanback, RB, Central Florida
50. Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA
To find additional college fantasy football material, visit The College Fantasy Football Site and check out their 2014 College Fantasy Football Preseason Draft Guide.
• Over 500 player rankings (QB, RB, WR, TE, K, and D/ST).
• Bullet-point analysis for over 100 players (QB, RB, WR).
• 2014 Sleepers
• Draft Day Cheat Sheet
• Blank cheat sheet to customize rankings for your draft.
• Results of a 12-team, 10-round mock draft based on theCFFsite rankings, roster
requirements, and scoring system.
• Schedule Analysis
• 35-plus Freshmen to Watch
• 18-page printable PDF document
• Access to updates throughout the preseason.
Follow theCFFsite on twitter: @theCFFsite