Bucs taking a look at Incognito

Tampa, FL (SportsNetwork.com) - Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Lovie Smith said the team was meeting with guard Richie Incognito, who has yet to find a job after last year's bullying incident with the Miami Dolphins.

Incognito was suspended in early November and didn't play the rest of the season after the scandal that started when Dolphins tackle Jonathan Martin left the team in late October amid allegations of bullying by fellow linemen.

Multiple media outlets, including NFL.com and ESPN, reported Monday that Incognito was cleared by the NFL to return.

Smith downplayed the meeting with Incognito, saying only that the team just wanted to meet with the veteran.

"I've heard what happened down there (in Miami)," said Smith on Monday. "It doesn't hurt anything to talk face-to-face with anybody that's available. There's a visit coming and let everything else play out."

Incognito spent the past four seasons with Miami after also playing for Buffalo and St. Louis in a nine-year career.

Original Document: 
xt.21651205-INCOGNITO-TAM
Display Section: 
NFL Conferences: 

More Stories:

Home Page Infinite Scroll Left