Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily links roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for August 1:
• There's a new Miss Hooters International 2014. Mazel tov.
• As a part of his offseason charm offensive, Bo Pelini modeled Nebraska's new uniform.
• Now that her social calendar has opened up, Caroline Wozniacki is training for a marathon. She's also looking smoking hot. What were you thinking, Rory?
• Bad day on Twitter for ESPN's Jim Bowden: He stole a scoop from a fake account, then claimed he was hacked.
• Bizarre, convoluted story from college hoops: Former Bull Rick Brunson pretended to be Patrick Ewing to get a massage, possibly costing Temple a five-star point guard (Brunson's son). Got it?
• Oklahoma kicker Michael Hunnicutt tweeted a screen shot of his playbook. It's, um, uncomplicated.
• Jimmy Fallon can persuade celebs to do anything. Last night, he and Julia Roberts threw balls at each other's faces and watched it back in super slo-mo.
• Texas A&M running back Brandon Williams was so excited to christen the new locker room john that he took to Twitter to announce the news.
• News blooper of the day: A TV station accidentally aired a Spiderman assault video over a Ray Rice apology report.
--Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org