Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily links roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for August 1:
• There's a new Miss Hooters International 2014. Mazel tov.
• As a part of his offseason charm offensive, Bo Pelini modeled Nebraska's new uniform.
• Now that her social calendar has opened up, Caroline Wozniacki is training for a marathon. She's also looking smoking hot. What were you thinking, Rory?
• Bad day on Twitter for ESPN's Jim Bowden: He stole a scoop from a fake account, then claimed he was hacked.
• Bizarre, convoluted story from college hoops: Former Bull Rick Brunson pretended to be Patrick Ewing to get a massage, possibly costing Temple a five-star point guard (Brunson's son). Got it?
• Oklahoma kicker Michael Hunnicutt tweeted a screen shot of his playbook. It's, um, uncomplicated.
• Jimmy Fallon can persuade celebs to do anything. Last night, he and Julia Roberts threw balls at each other's faces and watched it back in super slo-mo.
• Texas A&M running back Brandon Williams was so excited to christen the new locker room john that he took to Twitter to announce the news.
• News blooper of the day: A TV station accidentally aired a Spiderman assault video over a Ray Rice apology report.
--Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]