Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily links roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for August 18:
• Jessica Alba threw out the first pitch for the Dodgers and didn't shame her family. That's all we ask out of our ceremonial first pitchers.
• This guy's punishment for coming in last in his fantasy baseball league — an embarrassingly revealing calendar that includes Body Issue and Constanza spoofs — is no doubt giving sadistic commissioners across the land evil ideas.
• The Rams have invited several Ferguson-area high school football players to their preseason game this Sunday as a respite from the chaos. Haven't those kids suffered enough?
• No Nadal at the U.S. Open. My interest in that event is waning fast.
• Worried that Peyton Manning has been underexposed, Gatorade is releasing a slew of new Manning commercials.
• Asdrubal Cabrera made a nifty behind-the-back flip to start a double play.
--Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org