Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Aug. 19.
• Leading off the week: A statistical analysis of Derek Jeter's nine ex-girlfriends relative to his performance, including Adriana Lima (pictured).
• A plunking, a dinger, an ejection, more allegations: Last night was the night of A-Rod.
• Paulina Gretzky and Dustin Johnson are engaged. The lead of the New York Daily News story puts it less tastefully than I would.
• Wanna see Pam Oliver get drilled in the face by a pass from Mr. Irrelevant, Chandler Harnish of the Colts? Of course you do. The screen grab alone is priceless.
• This is interesting: The most statistically average lineup in baseball this year would include Albert Pujols and Stephen Strasburg. Their respective teams aren't paying for average.
• Fox Sports 1 went live over the weekend. Here's an amusing video of the anchors of Fox Sports Live, the counterpart to SportsCenter, reading mean tweets about themselves.
• Ryan Braun apparently slurred his urine collector, calling him an anti-Semitic Cubs fan.
• A Ball State student sank a half-court shot to earn free tuition. Sadly, it's the greatest athletic moment in Ball State history. (I kid.)
• Remember when Joe Buck called Randy Moss' mooning incident a "disgusting act"? Now that they're co-workers at Fox Sports 1, they've decided to play nice.
• Athlete tweets that went viral. Twitter never forgets.
• It's the second week of the preseason, and we may have already had the Catch of the Year.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]