Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily links roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for August 19:
• Enjoy the cheerleaders of the AP Top 25, starting with the top-ranked Noles.
• Leave it to Johnny Football to enliven an otherwise dreadful Browns-Skins preseason snoozer. He'll see your casually racist nickname and raise you a middle finger. To his credit, Manziel was visibly embarrassed when he was informed that the brass was aware of what he'd done. Brian Orakpo, who had Manziel running for his life, was amused by the gesture.
• Colin Cowherd blamed racer Kevin Ward Jr.'s death on "Southern culture." Mike Huckabee (about whom I have mixed feelings) told Cowherd to shut his pie hole (which I endorse).
• David Letterman paid tribute to Robin Williams, his friend for almost four decades.
• The Rhode Island Little League coach gave a great post-game speech after his team's loss.
--Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org