Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Aug. 20.
• Here are the cheerleaders of the AP Top 25. Football can't get here fast enough.
• Marshawn Lynch and Arian Foster have made a commercial for Madden 25. Well done, fellas.
• College football's 25 best names. I'll be following Konockus Sashington.
• SEC fanbases are usually bitter enemies, but here are five things that will unite SEC Nation this year.
• Some guy made his online resume look just like CNN's home page. Props for creativity.
• Bad news for Johnny Football: Of the last 16 Heisman-winning quarterbacks, only one has won an NFL playoff game as a starter. I'll give you 3.16 guesses who it is.
• With "Anchorman 2" due later this year, here's a ranking of the 20 movies Will Ferrell has made thus far. No. 1 is a big surprise, to me.
• Baseball's weirdest promotional nights. Hey, whatever it takes to get fannies in seats. Some of these are pretty creative, although I think I'd skip "Smells of Baseball" night with the Myrtle Beach Pelicans.
• Lolo Jones goes in the Cage. Let's hope she makes it out.
• A-Rod gave a surprisingly clever and self-deprecating answer to a reporter's question. More of this all along would have helped.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org