Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily links roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for August 20:
• Forget Manziel: Blake Bortles is the rookie star of the preseason, mainly because of GF Lindsey Duke.
• I'm linking to this story mainly because I like the headline: Johnny Football Becomes Johnny Bench. Then there's this: Manziel reportedly lost the job based on his frat-boy behavior.
• DISH continues to use college superstars-turned-pro flameouts like Jamarcus Russell and Matt Leinart to great effect in its advertising.
• My favorite GIF in a long time: Chip Kelly belly-flopping into a plastic pool in lieu of the ice bucket challenge.
• My second-favorite GIF today: Yasiel Puig pulls off a nifty move with his batting helmet.
• Speaking of those ubiquitous ice buckets, one bucket was not enough for the Hulkster. And then there's Alabama Boss, whose ice bucket challenge included beer, a lawn chair and a shotgun.
• Bobby Bowden did a Reddit Ask Me Anything and gave a memorable answer.
--Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org