Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Aug. 21.
• There was an Internet rumor yesterday that Maria Sharapova was going to change her name to Sugarpova to hawk candy. Not true, but it's an excuse to link to a slideshow of Ms. Sharapova, who's lovely by any name.
• The 12 biggest bromances in sports. My favorite is the May-September thing that Pop and Tim Duncan have going.
• The one-trick ponies of college sports: Schools with the biggest football-basketball success discrepancies.
• Watch a dog go to great lengths to avoid a bath, including going limp and playing dead.
• I know absolutely nothing about action and adventure sports, except that they yield really cool photos.
• Online sports content these days is one big rank-a-palooza. Here are the top 10 SEC linebackers of the BCS era.
• This is kind of meta: Watch Mike Tyson play Mike Tyson Punch-Out in the green room at Fox Sports 1.
• Watch a passed ball get sucked into another dimension, allowing Paul Konerko to score.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at email@example.com