Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Aug. 21.
• There was an Internet rumor yesterday that Maria Sharapova was going to change her name to Sugarpova to hawk candy. Not true, but it's an excuse to link to a slideshow of Ms. Sharapova, who's lovely by any name.
• The 12 biggest bromances in sports. My favorite is the May-September thing that Pop and Tim Duncan have going.
• The one-trick ponies of college sports: Schools with the biggest football-basketball success discrepancies.
• Watch a dog go to great lengths to avoid a bath, including going limp and playing dead.
• I know absolutely nothing about action and adventure sports, except that they yield really cool photos.
• Online sports content these days is one big rank-a-palooza. Here are the top 10 SEC linebackers of the BCS era.
• This is kind of meta: Watch Mike Tyson play Mike Tyson Punch-Out in the green room at Fox Sports 1.
• Watch a passed ball get sucked into another dimension, allowing Paul Konerko to score.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]