Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily links roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for August 26:
• We may not care about tennis, but I think we can all agree that it boasts some of sports' loveliest ladies, like Maria Sharapova.
• The Yankees haven't lost since Shawn Kelley bought a rubber horse head. If they lose, that head will wind up in someone's bed.
• According to Mike Schmidt, Bud Selig had a plan in place to reinstate Pete Rose before Charlie Hustle screwed it up.
• Tennessee is getting pretty creative with its recruiting, although I bet this kid's never read Rolling Stone, since he's under 50.
• Master photobomber Chris Bosh struck last night at the Emmys. His victim: Matthew McConaughey.
• This is alarming: Arkansas quarterback Brandon Allen had his truck torched. Imagine what will happen when the season goes south.
• Watch a solitary bee disrupt the proceedings at the U.S. Open.
--Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]