Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Aug. 28.
• To celebrate Madden 25, here's a photo shoot of scantily clad models recreating Madden moments.
• Sporting News picked the brains of some college football greats in anticipation of Week 1 action. A sneak peek: Jake Plummer would take Johnny Football over AJ McCarron or Aaron Murray.
• Here's a list of five top celebrity college football fans. I think they missed a few. Will Ferrell, anyone?
• Play of the night: Didi Gregorius Willie Mays'd a shallow pop-up.
• Not the play of the night: C.J. Wilson faceplanted on his way to the pitcher's mound.
• Videobombing is played, so you have to get creative with it, which the Rockies mascot managed to do.
• The SEC's top dynamic duos, starting with Georgia's Gurshall two-headed monster.
• The LolJets added to their quarterback tire fire: the guy who lost his backup gig to Vince Young. It just keeps getting better.
• Kate Upton took a golf lesson from The King. That's what I call a win-win.
• This'll whet your appetite for football: Watch Michigan recruit Jabrill Peppers break about nine tackles on a touchdown run.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org