Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Aug. 29.
• August is almost over (finally), so to celebrate the end of summer, here are the hottest sports-related women of the month, including some wet Song Girls (the best kind).
• Along those same lines, here's a good way to kick off the season: A countdown of college football WAGs.
• It's SEC kickoff day. Here are the league's five toughest venues for visitors. Of course Bryant-Denny is No. 1. If the Tide played at Chuck E Cheese it would still be the toughest venue.
• There's nothing worse than a season-ending injury in the preseason. Unfortunately, there's been an epidemic of them this year.
• A Reds beat writer criticized Brandon Phillips' on-base percentage. Phillips called him a mother-effer. Dusty Baker laughed. All in all, an eventful evening.
• The Backstreet Boys toured Alabama's athletic facilities. I'm sure they blended right in.
• Here's a ranking of Alabama's five craziest fans. In other words, the five people who'll go on suicide watch if Bama fails to win its third straight national title. Spoiler alert: the tree-killer is No. 1.
• The new head coach of the Atlanta Hawks is already familiarizing himself with local law enforcement. That could prove to be useful research.
• Last night in Epic Marlins fail: Two baserunners slide into the same base. I'm no rules expert, but that seems off.
• These never get old: A dog welcomes his master home from deployment.
• We close today with a second Epic Marlins Fail: Logan Morrison gets called off a popup by a fan. Or a ghost.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at email@example.com