Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily links roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for August 7:
• Leading off today: Hottest alumni of the Big Ten, including geek goddess Zooey Deschanel of Northwestern.
• They're off and running at the PGA Championship, where we're reminded yet again that, somehow, John Daly is a former major champion. Athlon photographer Harrison McClary is there, too.
• Greg Oden allegedly punched a lady, giving us another classic mug shot.
• The NBA Rookie Transition Program is doling out helpful advice like stirring hot soup instead of blowing on it, and don't cover your neck in tattoos.
• Metta World Peace is changing his name again. I won't ruin it for you; just click.
• Remember Lions QB Scott Mitchell? He got really fat and is going on The Biggest Loser, along with other former athletes like tennis player Zina Garrison.
• After Adam Dunn's pitching performance, here's how position players have fared on the mound this year.
• Watch an Australian sportscast disappear into the weeds. All that's missing is "Boom goes the dynamite."
• There's a petition to get Weird Al for the Super Bowl halftime show. I could get behind this.
• Umpire Laz Diaz showed off his salsa moves with the Philly Phanatic.
--Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]