Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily links roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for August 7:
• Leading off today: Hottest alumni of the Big Ten, including geek goddess Zooey Deschanel of Northwestern.
• They're off and running at the PGA Championship, where we're reminded yet again that, somehow, John Daly is a former major champion. Athlon photographer Harrison McClary is there, too.
• Greg Oden allegedly punched a lady, giving us another classic mug shot.
• The NBA Rookie Transition Program is doling out helpful advice like stirring hot soup instead of blowing on it, and don't cover your neck in tattoos.
• Metta World Peace is changing his name again. I won't ruin it for you; just click.
• Remember Lions QB Scott Mitchell? He got really fat and is going on The Biggest Loser, along with other former athletes like tennis player Zina Garrison.
• After Adam Dunn's pitching performance, here's how position players have fared on the mound this year.
• Watch an Australian sportscast disappear into the weeds. All that's missing is "Boom goes the dynamite."
• There's a petition to get Weird Al for the Super Bowl halftime show. I could get behind this.
• Umpire Laz Diaz showed off his salsa moves with the Philly Phanatic.
--Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]