Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily links roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for August 8:
• This just in: Nina Dobrev is cute. Now back to our regular programming.
• Scandal brewing: TMZ caught the head of NFL officiating getting off the Cowboys' party bus.
• This is interesting: Maddux and Glavine came up with the "Chicks dig the long ball" tag line.
• This is possibly good news: Judd Apatow will be producing a Lonely Island movie.
• Sal Paolantonio asked Ray Rice how his wife had encouraged him before the game. Good job, good effort, Sal.
• Johan Kok, a club pro from Brentwood, Tenn., had the shot of the opening day at the PGA Championship — on his first hole of the championship.
--Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]