Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for Dec. 31.
• As we bid farewell to 2013, here are 30 women poised to take over the world in 2014, including Spanish model Nerea Arce.
• Southern University of the SWAC squeaked out a 104-point win over Champion Baptist last night. As someone said on Twitter, I'd hate to see how bad Runner-Up Baptist is.
• The curtain came down on the Mack Brown era, but not before a nice tribute from the Texas band.
• Here's a list of 50 changes that would make the sports world better in 2014. I can get behind most of these, especially the elimination of the sideline interview.
• Those of you thinking of applying for an NFL head coaching job: The Lions gig is the best one available.
• The Price Is Right gave away a pretty sweet car, and the winner freaked right the eff out.
• Speaking of freaking out: I missed this yesterday, but this fat Eagles fan had a glorious on-camera celebration.
• Ronda Rousey had a pretty normal reaction to Anderson Silva's gruesome broken leg. Will she react that way when she breaks some poor chick's arm?
• Some scientists made some glow-in-the-dark pigs. Now we'll finally be able to find our bacon in the dark.
• Here's Nick Saban patiently getting a manicure from a young cancer patient. In other news, Nick Saban is human.
• Here's a level of true professionalism to which I'll aspire in 2014: A reporter passes out during an interview, but wakes up and finishes the thing.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at email@example.com