Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for Feb. 6.
• Maria Sharapova is attempting to put a happy face on her hometown of Sochi. It's a nice start, I have to say.
• Ready or not, the Sochi Games are underway. Here's a handy introduction to the American team courtesy of SI.
• Fun with language barriers: People in Sochi keep tweeting pictures of menus that say "in the ass." Somebody get them some decent translation software, stat. Here's a larger rundown of misadventures in Putin's paradise.
• Athlon's Braden Gall runs down Signing Day's winners and losers. Winners: SEC. Losers: Not SEC.
• Rod Stewart and Pacman Jones pose poolside. That is all.
• Nothing can move us quite like sports. Here are 25 shots of fans being moved to tears by what they're watching.
• Speaking of being moved to tears by insignificant things, Sandra Bullock got choked up while saying goodbye to Jay Leno.
• Today's public service announcement: Phrases you should never search for on YouTube.
• Seattle's 12th Man held a Moment of Loudness at 12:12. I must admit, 700,000 people can get loud.
• Holy cow. They really commit to their prank videos in Japan.
• Fireball whiskey joins Skittles among things that Marshawn Lynch enjoys.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at email@example.com