Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for Jan. 10.
• A line I never thought I'd write: Presenting the hot women of curling. Hot enough to melt the ice, in fact.
• Note to NFL GMs: Dipping into the college ranks for coaches can work, even if Saban and Spurrier were failures. The 10 most successful college coaches who turned pro.
• Kevin Durant tweeted a photo of himself smoking from a hookah, then deleted it and claimed he was hacked. Dude, hookahs are legal. Don't act guilty if you're not.
• An in-depth story on Greg Maddux on the occasion of his Hall call. Random observation: The Professor's grown a couple chins in retirement.
• Northwestern unveiled some player-designed custom unis. Gotta be honest: pretty hideous.
• I'm not a big fan of trash talk. Unless it's good. Like these.
• From the "Do as I say, not as I do" files: The BBWAA vice president is outed as a hypocrite over the Dan Le Batard situation. More Hall of Fame stuff: An interesting article on how to fix a broken voting system. Still more: Newly minted Hall of Famer Tom Glavine's house could be yours. A cozy 10,000 square feet.
• The headline says it all: What the hell is Bill Walton talking about?
• Twitter is both a blessing and a curse. Here's the blessing part: The funniest tweets of the week.
• I don't know much about hockey, but even I know that you can't play the puck from the penalty box.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]