Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for Jan. 16.
• Emmy Rossum of Showtime's "Shameless" will be on Conan tonight. I'm a big fan (of Conan, yes, but mainly of Emmy Rossum).
• ESPN surveyed NFL players and found out that Peyton's the most respected player and the guy most would want to start a team with. More fodder for Brady to play the disrespect card.
• Lauren Tannehill, wife of Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill, accidentally left an AR-15 rifle in the trunk of her rental car. Hot woman with rifle; the NRA's marketing department needs to pounce.
• An overly optimistic Seahawks fan got a Super Bowl XLVIII champions tattoo — before the season. Prophet, or moron? No matter the outcome of the playoffs, I'm going moron.
• Oscar noms are in. It was a good year; I've actually seen several of the nominated movies. Not that you care, but my favorite was probably "Captain Phillips." Speaking of movies, here's a map with each state's most famous movie character.
• James Franklin took time out from raiding Vandy's recruiting class to buy a newspaper ad in Nashville thanking Vanderbilt. Probably would have gone over better without a giant headshot.
• In other news, Mike Trout is athletic. And water's wet.
• Paging Bryce Drew: Toledo's Juice Brown went Valpo on Buffalo last night.
• A Rockies prospect crashed through the Rawlings logo on the outfield wall to make a spectacular catch in an Australian baseball game.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org