Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for Jan. 2.
• Everything's coming up Bortles this morning. Blake Bortles led his UCF Knights to a big BCS bowl win, and according to his coach, George O'Leary, his girlfriend deserves "6 million Googles." See if you don't agree. That's her in the photo.
• The NHL has taken over New Year's Day with the Winter Classic. Here's a cool time-lapse video of the Big House's transformation into hockey heaven.
• Steve Spurrier: master troller. The guy's a genius. Really.
• My question following the recent round of bowls: What is going on with Kevin Sumlin's deformed knuckle?
• Mark Dantonio's footwork in avoiding a Gatorade bath was truly impressive. He even threw in a taunt at the end.
• Headline of the day: Red Wings Fan Videobombs Reporter, Wipes Out, Falls Down On Live TV.
• Jets QB Geno Smith has a not-safe-for-work scandal. Just what he needed.
• The New Year's Day bowls have become a Big Ten-SEC grudge match breeding ground. Edge again to the SEC.
• Cody Zeller attempted a dunk. The rim had other ideas.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at email@example.com