Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for Jan. 7.
• Lindsey Vonn will not be competing in Sochi because of a knee injury. There goes one bullet in the NBC hype chamber. Oh, well. She's probably more famous for being Tiger's girlfriend and for looking like this than her skiing, anyway.
• Enjoy these eight great images from a great night for everyone except the SEC.
• Brent Musberger got last night's title game broadcast off to a rollicking start by forgetting who he was. Must have been trying to spot Jen Sterger in the crowd. Yep, she was there, dressed like a cowgirl.
• So the season wasn't a total loss for the Southeastern Conference. They'll have to settle for seven teams in the final AP Top 25.
• Dennis Rodman's role as U.S. cultural ambassador to North Korea took an angry turn when the Worm stormed out of an interview with CNN. Apparently Rodman's tired of defending his star-crossed bromance with squatty dictator Kim Jong Un.
• In case you gave up on the BCS National Championship game, here are the video highlights of the frantic final minutes.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org