Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for Jan. 9.
• The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue is only a few weeks away. So who's this year's cover girl? There are some solid candidates, including Genevieve Morton (pictured).
• College football has lost its collective mind. Bobby Petrino's back at Louisville, and Alabama might hire Lane Kiffin as offensive coordinator. I'm already salivating over Kiffin's first visit back to Knoxville. Petrino's probably already salivating over some Cardinals academic assistant.
• Glavine, Maddux and the Big Hurt got their Hall passes. But the process continues to be a farce, which Dan Le Batard highlighted by giving his vote to Deadspin, unleashing much pearl-clutching sanctimony.
• Blake Griffin threw down (literally, his hand didn't touch the rim) over poor, poor Kris Humphries. But it wasn't the dunk of the night. No, the dunk of the night belonged to Duquesne's Ovie Soko, with an assist from a teammate.
• A kid who survived two separate plane crashes that killed close family members returned to the basketball court last night. He also made his first shot attempt.
• TV gold: The WWE is launching its own network, and one of the shows will be Legends House, a Real World-style reality show featuring guys like Rowdy Roddy Piper and Hacksaw Jim Duggan.
• Dennis Rodman was drunk during his passionate defense of Kim Jong Un on CNN. So exactly how long has Rodman been drunk?
• Thank God for people with too much time on their hands: Check out this Lego Simpsons house.
• Greg Popovich put a new spin on his normally terse courtside interviews.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at email@example.com