Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily links roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for July 28:
• This should help with your case of the Mondays: 40 hot Instagram photos from last week.
• Catnip for grammar nerds like me: Greg Maddux's Hall of Fame plaque has a grammatical error.
• Now that Tony La Russa is safely ensconced in Cooperstown, he's comfortable letting in the cheaters.
• Joe Torre forgot to mention George Steinbrenner in his Hall of Fame speech. Zombie Steinbrenner then tried to fire him.
• Stephen A. Smith had a bad week last week. At this point, for Stephen A. it's all about damage control.
• An NFL bigwig took a shot at justifying the Ray Rice suspension. It didn't go well.
• Dale Jr.'s mom sent him a funny post-race text, although she apparently thinks congratulations is spelled with a "d".
• A volleyball player from Kazakhstan has been deemed "too attractive" and "distracting to fans." She's cute, but if this is what passes for outrageous hotness in Kazakhstan...
• If you've got a few minutes, watch Frank Thomas' emotional Hall of Fame speech.
--Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]