Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily links roundup of our favorite sports and entertainment posts on the web for July 9:
• In honor of Germany's historic 7-1 beatdown of Brazil, enjoy this slideshow of German superfans.
• Brazilians waxed: Germany's first-half explosion took out the host country at the World Cup. While it was happening, one kid captured the mood of an entire nation.
• This is hilarious: An anti-gambling ad backfires with Germany's huge win.
• Schadenfreude alert: As the rout grew, so did the audience.
• College football's All-Freak Team: physical anomalies at every position.
• Advanced stats have made their way to Ultimate Frisbee. What's next, calculating WAR for duck-duck-goose?
• Have a hankering for a two-foot taco? The Rangers got you covered.
• Germany's goals get the Jim Ross treatment.
--Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]