Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Oct. 11.
• It's time for College Football Week 7 Showdowns: Cheerleader Edition.
• Oakland fans attempted to mock Justin Verlander with images of Kate Upton. All that did was remind people that Justin Verlander once dated Kate Upton. That's something I'd want people to remember.
• Eight hilarious moments from the Tigers' celebration. And by the way, when did we start celebrating Division Series wins with champagne?
• The derpiest year of Eli Manning's career marches on unabated. He has 15 interceptions through six games, all losses. Meanwhile, Brandon Marshall described Jay Cutler as "the smartest man in any room." In his defense, Marshall spends a lot of time outdoors.
• TBS tried to write "If Necessary" at the bottom of a screen graphic. It failed, miserably.
• This is clever, and pretty accurate: the 29 stages of a Twitterstorm.
• They teach 'em young in Detroit: this diminutive Red Wings fan gives the double bird like a pro.
• The Wall Street Journal dubs the Dodgers "the Yankees of the West." Apparently the Wall Street Journal wants people to hate the Dodgers.
• The headline on this Michael Beasley story is my favorite headline of the day. See if you don't agree.
• A reporter got a little personal with Mike Tyson.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]