Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Oct. 16.
• I can't believe I missed Canadian Thanksgiving Day (Oct. 14). To make amends, here's a gallery of Canadian beauties that we're all thankful for, including actress Malin Ackerman (pictured).
• How's this for a collaboration: Michael Bloomberg, Donald Trump and Jack Nicklaus are working together on a new golf course in the Bronx.
• Bad night for Justin Verlander. He pitched his butt off, lost 1-0, and then Erin Andrews briefly confused him with Justin Bieber.
• Remind me never to hang out with Cal Ripken's mom. She's been held up at gunpoint for the second time.
• Here's a fun game: Guess the athlete tattoo.
• An OU receiver is on indefinite leave after two incidents of public masturbation. His position coach actually said this: "He's trying to get his hands around it."
• I'm a sucker for gratutious displays of sheer athleticism, so this is my kind of list: the top 20 dunkers in college basketball.
• In other college hoops news, here's the time that Marshall Henderson, the Johnny Manziel of hoops, met with the Texas A&M president.
• Yikes. Monsters still lurk in the ocean depths.
• The SEC is suddenly a quarterback's conference. Here are the league's top 10 signal-callers.
• Enjoy this surreal video of Raiders superfan Dr. Death giving an impassioned speech before the Oakland City Council. This is local government in action.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]