Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Oct. 18.
• Halloween's still almost two weeks away, but NFL cheerleaders are already in the spirit of the season.
• Leave it to the good people of NASCAR: a milkshake made from beer and bacon courtesy of the Texas Motor Speedway. Combining the best stuff on earth.
• Steve Spurrier is a master troller of his rivals, but he saves some of his best work for Tennessee.
• Ten people who have been banned from Saturday Night Live for life. You wouldn't like Lorne Michaels when he's angry.
• Fire up the Mack truck: Gaping plot holes in sports movies. I'd forgotten about the palm trees in "Teen Wolf", which is set in Nebraska. Takes you right out of an otherwise realistic story.
• When most NFL offensive linemen retire, they rapidly exceed 400 pounds and become fused to the couch. Matt Birk is a different story.
• Late to this, but Ole Miss coed Shelby Herring was the week's Internet breakout star.
• By the numbers: The SEC's best skill players by position at the season's halfway point.
• Robert Griffin III thinks he could play Olympic-level ping-pong. Some youth ping-pong players want RG3 to put his money where his mouth is.
• Watch Jason Kidd get his jersey retired by the Nets. Well deserved.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]