Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Oct. 22.
• It's no-football Tuesday, so here's a cheerleader roundup from this past weekend to tide you over.
• The day of reckoning arrived for Miami — and it ain't that bad. Happiest man on the planet this morning: Al Golden, rewarded for his loyalty to a program operating under a dark cloud. If you're bored and looking for something to read, here's a rundown of the NCAA report.
• So the morning's big losers aren't the Canes. How about the Vikings? Last night's abomination saw more Josh Freeman overthrows (16) than Adrian Peterson carries (13). Nice game plan, fellas.
• Speaking of the Vikings, here's this week's edition of Sorry Your Team Lost.
• College football's five worst fan bases. Don't get mad at me; I'm just the messenger.
• Ballpark jumbotron proposals are lame. Especially when you're Kanye West and you rent out the whole ballpark to do it.
• Interesting number-crunching: College football teams that outscore their basketball colleagues. Not surprisingly, the Ducks lead the way.
• I know baseball's popularity has waned a bit, but six bucks for a World Series ticket?
• The shooting guard with one arm has committed to be a preferred walk-on at Florida. I have a new favorite college player.
• Just when you think it's safe to hate Duke basketball, they go and do something heartwarming. Enjoy.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at email@example.com