Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Oct. 22.
• It's no-football Tuesday, so here's a cheerleader roundup from this past weekend to tide you over.
• The day of reckoning arrived for Miami — and it ain't that bad. Happiest man on the planet this morning: Al Golden, rewarded for his loyalty to a program operating under a dark cloud. If you're bored and looking for something to read, here's a rundown of the NCAA report.
• So the morning's big losers aren't the Canes. How about the Vikings? Last night's abomination saw more Josh Freeman overthrows (16) than Adrian Peterson carries (13). Nice game plan, fellas.
• Speaking of the Vikings, here's this week's edition of Sorry Your Team Lost.
• College football's five worst fan bases. Don't get mad at me; I'm just the messenger.
• Ballpark jumbotron proposals are lame. Especially when you're Kanye West and you rent out the whole ballpark to do it.
• Interesting number-crunching: College football teams that outscore their basketball colleagues. Not surprisingly, the Ducks lead the way.
• I know baseball's popularity has waned a bit, but six bucks for a World Series ticket?
• The shooting guard with one arm has committed to be a preferred walk-on at Florida. I have a new favorite college player.
• Just when you think it's safe to hate Duke basketball, they go and do something heartwarming. Enjoy.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]