Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Oct. 23.
• The World Series starts tonight, and we know who Kayla will be rooting for. Enjoy this slideshow of the Red Sox' hottest fan. It's almost enough to make you want to root for the Sox. Almost.
• Tim McCarver has a lot of haters out there. If you're not among them, enjoy this three-minute tribute to his World Series broadcasting career.
• An oral history of the 1989 Earthquake Series. Dennis Eckersley: "I was in the bathroom. I was combing my hair, man. I was standing next to Dave Parker."
• Oregon football practice has a suspicious feathered observer. Probably one of Nick Saban's minions.
• Despite being a shell of his former self, Tim Lincecum is somehow cashing in. His agent deserves a raise.
• Headline of the day: "Man Drops 14 Pounds By Only Drinking Beer and Eating Sausages." This man is my new hero.
• Mike Tyson in his own words. The article's even better if you read it in a Mike Tyson voice.
• Someone on the Interwebs is contending that Tajh Boyd owes a huge gambling debt. I call that kicking a man when he's down.
• The spoils of victory: Tulane coach Curtis Johnson says his players now have more girlfriends than ever.
• Triumph the Insult Comic Dog visits the Great American Beer Festival, and the results are exactly what you would hope.
• These things are always heartwarming: A Northwestern walk-on gets a scholarship in front of the team. The best part is when he calls his mom and sister with the news.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]