Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Oct. 24.
• NFL action cranks back up tonight. Here's a power ranking of NFL cheeleaders according to their social media usage.
• This could spice up the World Series: A Cardinals minor leaguer took to Twitter to accuse Jon Lester of using Vaseline during last night's gem. And not without cause.
• Carlos Beltran waited 16 years to make a World Series appearance. That appearance lasted two innings.
• An umpire blew a call last night. Instant replay overturned it and got it right fairly quickly. Take that, purists.
• Notre Dame running back Cam McDaniel proved to be ready for his close-up, giving the Notre Dame-USC game a GQ moment.
• The Rams called Brett Favre. Brett Favre said no. I guess when his agent floated that Favre was in the best shape of his life, it just meant that Brett wanted an ego-stroking call from a team. Mission accomplished. Of course, the whole episode simply points to the utter lack of decent quarterbacks on this little planet of ours.
• We don't link to much soccer, but Zlatan Ibrahimovic ripped a laser past the goalkeeper that is worth a click.
• Today's dose of Schiano-freude: Greg Schiano is 1-11 in his last 12 games, and not surprisingly, his autocratic style is wearing thin on his players.
• The SEC is asking the NCAA to review the targeting rule that is ruining games. Let's hope the NCAA listens.
• A great moment last night: Greg Oden returned to the court and dunked on his first touch. We're rooting for you, big fella.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at email@example.com