Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Oct. 28.
• It's Halloween week, and the cheerleaders of the NFL are ready.
• For the first time, a World Series game ended on a pickoff, as pinch-runner Kolten Wong failed to get back to first, leaving Carlos Beltran with the bat in his hands. That's just Wong, amirite?
• Of course, that was only the second bizarre ending of this series. Joe Pos compares the two for overall weirdness.
• Dez Bryant spent yesterday catching touchdowns and flipping out on the sidelines. He called his sideline behavior "passion." I call it "childish" and "distracting." Guy can play, though.
• The source of much of Bryant's frustration yesterday was Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford, who even faked himself out on the winning touchdown.
• The NBA is about to elbow its way into the spotlight like it's Metta World Peace. Here are some storylines to brush up on to get NBA-ready.
• Speaking of the NBA, Serge Ibaka dressed up like Prince Akeem from "Coming to America." Nice attention to detail.
• While we're on the subject of Halloween costumes, this kid scored big-time with his Kliff Kingsbury.
• Then there's this: Move over, Baby Mark Mangino. Say hello to Baby Andy Reid.
• Since it's Halloween week, here are some funny GIFs of people getting the poop scared out of them.
• Connor Shaw won the weekend in college football. Here's what you might have missed in the SEC.
• Terrelle Pryor erased Bo Jackson from the Raiders record books and set a QB record with a 93-yard scamper against the Steelers. Kid's got wheels. Enjoy.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org