Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Oct. 31.
• Happy Halloween, everybody. Who better to help us celebrate than the lovely cheerleaders of the NFL?
• Congrats to the world champion Red Sox. Enjoy this gallery of images from their third — third! — championship since 2004.
• So are the Red Sox the team of the 21st Century so far? Not so fast.
• Tim McCarver's last word on a national broadcast: "Ditto." That's somehow appropriate.
• Johnny Gomes had some pointed comments for you sabermetricians out there. No, they didn't include "your mom's basement."
• Last night's postgame was full of Erin Andrews awkwardness, but Koji Uehara's son saved the moment.
• Looking for last-minute costume ideas? Here's a quick rundown of sports-related costumes.
• Michael Carter-Williams made a memorable debut for the 76ers. Here it is, in its entirety.
• Man of the people: Metta World Peace took the F Train to MSG for his first Knicks game.
• This is very meta, and very funny: PFT Commenter from Kissing Suzy Kolber interviews PFT founder Mike Florio. When trolls collide.
• Note to all you kids out there: Braces can lead to unwanted pregnancy.
• Here's the reaction from within Fenway Park to the final out of the 2013 World Series.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at [email protected]