Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Sept. 5.
• Kate Upton is on the cover of Vanity Fair. Katherine Webb congratulated her by suggesting they have a pajama party. I happen to think that's an excellent idea. Just tell me when and where.
• This headline asserts that the five best months of the year start tonight. I don't disagree. Welcome back, football.
• This idiot chowdah-head Red Sox fan should no longer be taken out in public after nearly ruining the evening for two different women.
• This Las Vegas billboard is under the impression that Lon Kruger is the UNLV basketball coach. Kruger's been at Oklahoma since 2011.
• We may have reached the Johnny Football saturation point: He's on the cover of this week's Time Magazine under the provocative headline: It's Time to Pay College Athletes.
• This ESPN profile of Floyd Mayweather reveals that he has $123 million in one bank account. I prefer to spread my money around.
• Check in with SDS' Bo Jackson Award tracker (best SEC player regardless of position) after Week 1.
• "You're my boy, Blue." 20 classic comedy quotes you probably say in your sleep.
• Not to be Mr. Wet Blanket while we all gorge on football, but actually going to a game can kinda suck. Here are 20 reasons why.
• The Indians let a live chicken run around during warm-ups. Hope they didn't tell Pedro Cerrano. (Sorry for the dated "Major League" reference.)
• One PGA Tour player thinks that Ian Poulter's logo looks like a part of the male anatomy. Don't really see it, but I guess if you're looking for it...
• In today's video, Alex Galchenyuk of the Canadiens shows us that the hockey swing doesn't translate to the golf course.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org