Get the Athlon Sports Newsletter
Rounding Up the Web's Best Sports Links So You Don't Have To.
This is your daily link roundup of our favorite sports posts on the web for Sept. 6.
• South Carolina's hottest fan, the lovely Nicole, is no doubt hotly anticipating tomorrow's clash with Georgia. We're now hotly anticipating a trip to Columbia.
• ICYMI, the most memorable play of last night's Broncos-Ravens game wasn't a Peyton Manning TD pass (after a while, those all kind of ran together). It was Danny Trevathan's drop-six. Don't worry, Danny: You weren't the only premature celebrator of the week. This idiot cyclist started his victory party with one lap to go.
• Some sad headline writer in Columbus, Ohio, is stuck in the past. Although I'm sure Elway would be happy to take credit for Peyton's success.
• In honor of Malcolm Mitchell's season-ending TD celebration, here are the most painful celebrations in sports.
• From a Johnny Football signature to a beer-spilling Red Sox oaf, It was a banner week in GIFs.
• Speaking of celebrations, this Lingerie Football League team came up with a doozy by popping a figurative squat in the end zone. Wonder if Joe Buck would call it a "disgusting act."
• The SEC East has the league's best slate this week, even when you count Vanderbilt-Austin Peay. Here's what you can expect.
• Floyd Mayweather only wears boxers once, and he color-codes his cars by mansion. Dude's nickname is "Money" after all.
• Pop culture souffle: The Rock is going to star in a remake of "The Fall Guy."
• Good Lord: A brawl left a rugby player with a claw hammer sticking out of his head. Rugby players are tougher than actual humans.
• Watch this 11-year-old kid hurdle a defender on his way to a touchdown.
-- Email us with any compelling sports-related links at firstname.lastname@example.org