Alabama is 60 minutes from another national championship after a thorough and dominant 38-0 victory over Michigan State in the Cotton Bowl. With the Spartans geared up to stop running back Derrick Henry, coach Nick Saban and coordinator Lane Kiffin put the game in the hands of quarterback Jake Coker. The senior responded with an efficient and effective effort, completing 25 of 30 passes for 286 yards and two scores. Receiver Calvin Ridley caught eight of Coker’s passes for 138 yards and two touchdowns. Alabama’s defense allowed only 239 yards and forced two turnovers in a dominant effort.
Miss the Alabama victory on Thursday night? Here are five plays that sum up the Crimson Tide’s easy win:
1. Alabama QB Jake Coker connects with WR Calvin Ridley to set up the first touchdown:
2. Alabama's Cyrus Jones scores on a 57-yard punt return to lead 24-0:
3. Alabama RB Derrick Henry stiff arms Michigan State DE Shilique Calhoun:
4. Alabama QB Jake Coker finds WR Calvin Ridley on a 50-yard touchdown pass:
5. Alabama LB Dillon Lee snags a nifty interception to end a late Michigan State drive: