As Oregon prepares to take on Florida State in the Rose Bowl on Jan. 1, we got a chance to throw some questions at one of the Ducks' biggest fans, Modern Family actor Ty Burrell. He did not disappoint.
1. If you could describe the team in one word, what would it be?
2. Do you have a game-day tradition or superstition?
Yes, traditionally I like to get really nervous, even if we’re favored by 35. Then we like to sit down and watch it as a family and scream at the television. My mom is a lovely woman, but in front of a game she has the mouth of a sailor that other sailors find offensive. Then we all enjoy passing out from the exhaustion of the aforementioned nerves and screaming and such.
3. Finish this sentence: If my school wins the national title, I'm going to…
Have a joy seizure.
4. Where will you be watching the playoff?
Hopefully from the sidelines, but if I’m not able to make it, then I’ll be repeating the procedure in answer number 2.
5. Who's your favorite player on the team?
Hard not to say (Marcus) Mariota here. He checks all the boxes, both as a player and a person. That said, Tyler Johnstone is a great kid who’s been fighting through a lot with a great attitude. So, Tyler Johnstone. Oh wait, Pharaoh Brown is a great young man too. Sorry, there’s too many.