The Big Ten is well on its way to a comeback and not just because Ohio State is the defending national champion and unanimous preseason No. 1.
There’s a lot more to like in this conference beyond the Buckeyes. Urban Meyer’s team isn’t even the only Playoff contender in this league as Michigan State continues to make its case.
Beyond that, more Big Ten teams — such as Michigan, Penn State, Nebraska and Wisconsin — are buying stock in 2016 and beyond.
On this edition of the Athlon Sports Cover 2 Podcast:
• The Big Ten is clearly getting better with Ohio State winning the national championship and Michigan and Penn State making landmark hires. We discuss how hires at Wisconsin and Nebraska will determine the overall depth of the conference.
• New coaches Paul Chryst at Wisconsin and Mike Riley and Nebraska are vying for the Big Ten West title, and we’re divided on which first-year coach earns the right to be overmatched in the conference title game.
• We explain the hopelessness of being an Iowa fan and if the Hawkeyes or any other West team has a chance to wrangle the division from Wisconsin and Nebraska.
• Harbaugh made headlines all summer, but he still has work to do to return Michigan to prominence. Is an eight-win season enough to call the year a success?
• The Big Ten has a chance to place two teams in the Playoff thanks to Michigan State’s returning cast.
Send any ideas, questions or comments to @BradenGall or @DavidFox615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The podcast can be found on athlonsports.com/podcast, iTunes, Stitcher and our podcast RSS feed.