Believe it or not, the college football offseason is almost over. This time next week will be an actual game week with teams installing game plans and prepping for real, live opponents.
That brings us to the last of our conference preview podcasts, this one highlighting the Pac-12.
Oregon has won four of the last six league championships with Stanford claiming titles in 2012 and 2013. Since the league began divisional play, the South has been shut out of the Pac-12 title race.
With Heisman winner Marcus Mariota gone, plus a host of impact defenders for the Ducks, Oregon could be seeing its window — as a Pac-12 champ and Playoff contender — closing.
On this week’s podcast, we discuss:
• The hurdles Oregon must overcome to remain a Pac-12 favorite, and not all of them are related to the quarterback position.
• Why Stanford isn’t just a good bet to bounce back from an eight-win season but to challenge for the league title.
• Why picking USC, UCLA or Arizona State in the Pac-12 South is an impossible task.
• Why Arizona and Utah will be dangerous to league favorites again.
• Which four teams might escape the morass of the bottom of the Pac-12 North.
Send any ideas, questions or comments to @BradenGall or @DavidFox615 or email email@example.com. The podcast can be found on athlonsports.com/podcast, iTunes, Stitcher and our podcast RSS feed.