Rounding up questions for the second half of the season
It's Midseason Madness on this week's podcast. Our hosts tackle big second-half questions for the SEC, Pac-12, Big Ten, Big 12 and ACC before offering up picks for the midseason coach of the year. Here are the key storylines Braden Gall and David Fox tackled for each conference:
• ACC: Who blinks first, Florida State and Clemson? The Seminoles have the freshman quarterback, but the Tigers have needed to be bailed out by the defense recently. And why should or shouldn’t Miami have a bandwagon for the Coastal.
• Big 12: Yep, we’re arguing who has a better chance to go undefeated in the Big 12. One team is Texas. One is Baylor.
• Big Ten: The Legends Division round robin is a madhouse between wildly flawed teams. Is it fascinating or just ugly?
• Pac-12: Can UCLA do what Washington failed to do? The Bruins schedule is brutal down the stretch.
• SEC: Where to start in the East? South Carolina has emerged more and more as the injury bug has decimated the division. And does anyone stand to challenge Alabama in the West?
• And finally, Braden and David go through their coach of the year picks for Art Briles, Gary Pinkel and Curtis Johnson.