As we turn our calendars over to August, the college fantasy football season is kicking into high gear. Are you prepared?
Athlon has teamed up with college fantasy veterans CollegeFootballGeek.com to help you dominate in 2015! Over the course of the preseason, CFG will be providing insight into their player rankings, as well as helping you identify sleepers and breakout candidates to bolster your lineups.
Whether you play daily or season-long college fantasy football, CollegeFootballGeek.com(@CFFGeek) prepares you to win with the best advice, tools and customer service in the industry -- they've been doing it since 2008. Click here to learn how you can subscribe to CFG for FREE.
Below, you will find CFG writer Mike Bainbridge's top 10 fantasy kickers and defenses for 2015. To see the full rankings, as well as their statistical projections that will be updated daily throughout August, check out CollegeFootballGeek.com.
Scoring system used for rankings:
Passing Yards, 25 yards = 1 point
Passing TD = 4 points
Rushing Yards, 10 yards = 1 point
Rushing TDs = 6 points
Receptions = 0.5 points per reception
Receiving Yards, 10 yards = 1 point
Receiving TDs = 6 points
College Fantasy Football: Top 10 Kickers for 2015
1. Roberto Aguayo, Florida State
2. Jaden Oberkrom, TCU
3. Chris Callahan, Baylor
4. Casey Skowron, Arizona
5. Sean Nuerenberger, Ohio State
6. Andy Phillips, Utah
7. Garrett Schwettman, Western Kentucky
8. Zane Gonzalez, Arizona State
9. Josh Lambert, West Virginia
10. Tyler Tate, Bowling Green
College Fantasy Football: Top 10 Defenses for 2015
1. Ohio State
3. Michigan State
6. Ole Miss
8. Penn State
10. Utah State
- Mike Bainbridge (@MikeBainbridge2) is part of the Athlon Contributor Network and a writer for CollegeFootballGeek.com. Please note that these are his personal player rankings, and not the consensus rankings of CFG.