The FCS spring season is coming to a close, and the stakes could not be higher with the 16-team playoff field scheduled to be revealed on Sunday at 11:30 a.m. ET on ESPNU.
While there are just 19 games on Saturday's slate, five involve pairs of teams in Athlon Sports' FCS Power Poll, and several games are on major channels beyond ESPN+. The highlight of the slate is without question No. 1 North Dakota State hosting No. 3 South Dakota State, but that's just the first of many great games.
So if you're wondering "What college football games are on today?" know this: There are 19 involving FCS teams scheduled for today, Saturday, April 17.
Note: All times are ET. Times and broadcast outlets are subject to change.
Best College Football Game on TV Today
Sam Houston at UIW, 12 p.m. on ESPN+
The No. 6 Bearkats have already wrapped up the Southland title and punched their ticket to the playoffs, but a win against the No. 25 Cardinals could help them get a top-four seed and home-field advantage for the first two rounds. Don't sleep on UIW running back Kevin Brown, who is third in FCS with 142.2 rushing yards per game.
Delaware at Villanova, 1 p.m. on FloFootball
The No. 12 Wildcats and No. 7 Blue Hens are set to meet for the 54th Battle of the Blue, and the CAA title is on the line. At 4-0, Delaware would have a good shot at an at-large bid with a loss, but they'll feel a lot better if they can end Nova's eight-game winning streak in this rivalry.
Richmond at James Madison, 2 p.m. on NBCSWA+/FloFootball
JMU may be atop some polls, but the Dukes will have to keep their undefeated season alive to win the CAA. The good news is that the Dukes have defeated the Spiders (currently No. 14 in the Power Poll) by a combined 111-16 in their last two matchups, so Richmond will have its work cut out.
The Jackrabbits and Bison are wrapping up their regular seasons two weeks after they were initially supposed to face off, and the winner will have a share of the MVFC title with one-loss North Dakota and Missouri State. Can SDSU end North Dakota State's streak of nine straight conference titles?
Other NCAAF Games on TV Today
- Gardner-Webb at Charleston Southern, 12 p.m. on ESPN+
- Mercer at Samford, 1 p.m. on ESPN+
- Southeastern Louisiana at Southern Illinois, 1 p.m. on ESPN+
- Portland State at Montana, 1 p.m. on ABC Montana/SWX
- San Diego at Valparaiso, 1 p.m. on ESPN3
- The Citadel at VMI, 1:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- Presbyterian at Drake, 2 p.m. on MC22/Bulldog Vision
- Bucknell vs. Holy Cross, 2 p.m. on CBSSN
- Grambling State vs. Southern, 2:30 p.m. on NBCSN
- MVSU at Texas Southern, 3 p.m. on ATTSN
- Idaho at Northern Arizona, 4 p.m. on Pluto TV
- Butler at Morehead State, 4 p.m. on ESPN+
- SC State at Delaware State, 6 p.m. on ESPN3
- Alabama State vs. Alabama A&M, 7:30 p.m. on ESPNU
- Prairie View A&M at UAPB, 7:30 p.m. on UAPB SN