The first full week of the 2019 college football season kicks into high gear with a full slate of games involving FBS teams on Saturday, Aug. 31. The action gets started at noon and goes until late at night thanks to a handful of West Coast matchups.
There are the usual FCS vs. FBS matchups for this early in the season but plenty of intriguing non-conference games worthy of your attention and quite a few conference pairings right out of the gate.
So if you're wondering "What college football games are on today?" know this: There are 57 involving FBS teams scheduled for today, Saturday, Aug. 31.
Note: Games are ordered by start time. All times are ET.
Best College Football Games on TV Tonight
Boise State at Florida State, 12 p.m. on ESPNews
This game was originally scheduled to be played Saturday night in Jacksonville, Florida, but Hurricane Dorian's pending arrival changed that. What hasn't changed is the need for the Seminoles to show improvement in Willie Taggart's second season. The Broncos would love to add another Power 5 victim to the tally and have a defense that should test FSU's offense.
Ole Miss at Memphis, 12 p.m. on ABC
The Tigers would love nothing more than to knock off a team from the SEC, but especially one whose campus is less than two hours away. The Rebels have new coordinators on both sides of the ball and a redshirt freshman taking over at quarterback. Memphis has an experienced signal-caller and more than enough playmakers to test on Ole Miss defense that struggled mightily last season. Be sure and keep an eye on this one as it may go down to the wire.
Northwestern at Stanford, 4 p.m. on FOX
The Wildcats are the defending Big Ten West champions but will be breaking in a new quarterback on the road against a Cardinal team that boasts one of the Pac-12's top signal-callers. These two schools may be known more for their academics, but don't underestimate what either can do, on either side of the football.
Georgia at Vanderbilt, 7:30 p.m. on ESPN
The Bulldogs have national title aspirations but don't get to ease into the season with this matchup in Nashville against the Commodores. Vanderbilt boasts one of the SEC's top set of offensive triplets in running back Ke'Shawn Vaughn, wide receiver Kalija Lipscomb, and tight end Jared Pinkney, but there's uncertainty at quarterback. That's not the case for Georgia with Jake Fromm but who will he throw the ball to and is this defense championship-caliber?
Oregon vs. Auburn (Arlington, Texas), 7:30 p.m. on ABC
The Pac-12 has another chance to make an opening statement against an SEC team. This time it's the Ducks take on the Tigers. Auburn took down Washington in the opener last season, dealing a huge blow to the Huskies' College Football Playoff hopes. This game also gives Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert a chance to impress Heisman voters while embattled Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn needs true freshman quarterback Bo Nix to come up big in his first collegiate game.
Fresno State at USC, 10:30 p.m. on ESPN
The Trojans enter what is a make-or-break season for head coach Clay Helton with a completely new look on offense. The question is can sophomore quarterback JT Daniels run new offensive coordinator Graham Harrell's version of the Air Raid? It's a good opening test for USC going up against the Bulldogs, the defending Mountain West champs.
Other NCAAF Games on TV Tonight
- South Alabama at Nebraska, 12 p.m. on ESPN
- Indiana vs. Ball State (Indianapolis), 12 p.m. on CBSSN
- Toledo at Kentucky, 12 p.m. on SECN
- Northern Iowa at Iowa State, 12 p.m. on FS1
- Indiana State at Kansas, 12 p.m. on FSN
- Mississippi State vs. Louisiana (New Orleans), 12 p.m. on ESPNU
- Howard at Maryland, 12 p.m. on BTN
- Florida Atlantic at Ohio State, 12 p.m. on FOX
- East Carolina at NC State, 12 p.m. on ACCN
- Akron at Illinois 12 p.m., on BTN
- James Madison at West Virginia, 2 p.m. on ATTSN
- Rhode Island at Ohio, 2 p.m. on ESPN+
- Bucknell at Temple, 3 p.m. on ESPN3
- Eastern Washington at Washington, 3 p.m. on Pac-12N
- Eastern Michigan at Coastal Carolina, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- Georgia State at Tennessee, 3:30 p.m. on ESPNU
- Holy Cross at Navy, 3:30 p.m. on CBSSN
- ETSU at Appalachian State, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- South Carolina vs. North Carolina (Charlotte, N.C.), 3:30 p.m. on ESPN
- Duke vs. Alabama (Atlanta), 3:30 p.m. on ABC
- Colgate at Air Force, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN3
- Idaho at Penn State, 3:30 p.m. on BTN
- Portland State at Arkansas, 4 p.m. on SECN
- Virginia Tech at Boston College, 4 p.m. on ACCN
- Montana State at Texas Tech, 4 p.m. on FSN
- Campbell at Troy, 6 p.m. on ESPN+
- Incarnate Word at UTSA, 6 p.m. on ESPN3
- Sam Houston State at New Mexico, 6 p.m. on MWN
- Syracuse at Liberty, 6 p.m. on ESPN+
- UC Davis at California, 6:30 p.m. on Pac-12N
- VMI at Marshall, 6:30 p.m. on Stadium
- Monmouth at Western Michigan, 7 p.m. on ESPN3
- Stephen F. Austin at Baylor, 7 p.m. on ESPN+
- SMU at Arkansas State, 7 p.m. on ESPN
- Norfolk State at Old Dominion, 7 p.m. on ESPN3
- Nicholls at Kansas State, 7 p.m. on ESPN+
- Illinois State at NIU, 7 p.m. on ESPN+
- Alcorn State at Southern Miss, 7 p.m. on ESPN+
- Abilene Christian at North Texas, 7:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- Georgia Southern at LSU, 7:30 p.m. on SECN
- Miami (Ohio) at Iowa, 7:30 p.m. on FS1
- Middle Tennessee at Michigan, 7:30 p.m. on BTN
- Missouri at Wyoming, 7:30 p.m. on CBSSN
- Virginia at Pitt, 7:30 p.m. on ACCN
- Louisiana Tech at Texas, 8 p.m. on LHN
- Grambling State at ULM, 8 p.m. on ESPN3
- Houston Baptist at UTEP, 8 p.m. on ESPN+
- UAPB at TCU, 8 p.m. on FSN
- Weber State at San Diego State, 9 p.m. on Facebook
- Southern Utah at UNLV, 10 p.m. on MWN
- New Mexico State at Washington State, 10 p.m. on Pac-12N