The first college football weekend in December is packed with games on Saturday, Dec. 5. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic continues to leave its mark on the schedule but there are still plenty of games on tap. Several matchups are critical as it applies to conference races, College Football Playoff hopes, or the fact that they are rivalry games. Besides some big-time matchups courtesy of the Power 5 conferences, there's also an unexpected, intriguing game that pits two undefeated teams against each other.
So if you're wondering "What college football games are on today?" know this: There are 41 involving FBS teams scheduled for today, Saturday, Nov. 5.
Note: All times are ET. Times and broadcast outlets are subject to change.
Best College Football Games on TV Today
No. 4 Ohio State at Michigan State, 12 p.m. on ABC
Ohio State will be short-handed in East Lansing as the Buckeyes continue to deal with their own COVID-19 outbreak. Michigan State already has two wins over top-15 teams. Can the Spartans pull off a third and completely change the College Football Playoff picture in the process?
No. 5 Texas A&M at Auburn, 12 p.m. on ESPN
Texas A&M has the momentum but Auburn is a different team at home compared to on the road. Can the Tigers put a wrench in the Aggies' New Year's Six bowl aspirations?
No. 6 Florida at Tennessee, 3:30 p.m. on CBS
Florida has won three in a row and 14 of 15 against Tennessee. The Gators have a lot riding on this game while a Volunteers win at home would help salvage what has been otherwise a disastrous season.
No. 12 Indiana at No. 16 Wisconsin, 3:30 p.m. on ABC
Indiana's only loss thus far was a close one in Columbus against Ohio State, but now the Hoosiers must finish this season without quarterback Michael Penix Jr. Wisconsin is a tough test for IU's new signal-caller as the Badgers still have their sights set on making a case for a New Year's Six bowl even if the Big Ten West is out of their reach.
West Virginia at No. 9 Iowa State, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN
Iowa State clinches a spot in the Big 12 Championship Game with a victory while West Virginia could use a signature W of its own. Points could be hard to come by in this matchup of two of the conference's top defenses.
No. 13 BYU at No. 18 Coastal Carolina, 5:30 p.m. on ESPNU
This game was put together quickly after Liberty had to bow out because of COVID-19 concerns. Both BYU and Coastal Carolina would love to hang the first L on the other and give their resume a boost.
No. 3 Clemson at Virginia Tech, 7:30 p.m. on ABC
Clemson gets a rematch with Notre Dame in the ACC Championship Game with a win in Blacksburg. Lane Stadium won't be near as intimidating with limited fans in attendance but that doesn't mean Virginia Tech won't be fired up to face the five-time defending conference champions.
No. 1 Alabama at LSU, 8 p.m. on CBS
LSU is dealing with a major championship hangover, but the Tigers know how important this game is. Alabama is No. 1 and a heavy favorite, but this is still a rivalry and the Crimson Tide probably want to make a statement by taking it to the defending national champions on their own turn in prime time.
Other NCAAF Games on TV Today
- No. 15 Oklahoma State at TCU, 12 p.m. on ESPN2
- Western Carolina at No. 17 North Carolina, 12 p.m. on ACC Network
- Rice at No. 21 Marshall, 12 p.m. on ESPN+
- Memphis at Tulane, 12 p.m. on ESPN+
- Toledo at Northern Illinois, 12 p.m. on ESPN3
- Arkansas at Missouri, 12 p.m. on SEC Network
- Kansas at Texas Tech, 12 p.m. on FS2
- Texas at Kansas State, 12 p.m. on FOX
- Nebraska at Purdue, 12 p.m. on BTN
- Penn State at Rutgers, 12 p.m. on FS1
- Eastern Michigan at Western Michigan, 2 p.m. on ESPN+
- Bowling Green at Akron, 2 p.m. on ESPN3
- Ball State at Central Michigan, 2 p.m. on ESPNU
- Troy at South Alabama, 2 p.m. on ESPN3
- Syracuse at No. 2 Notre Dame, 2:30 p.m. on NBC
- No. 19 Iowa at Illinois, 3:30 p.m. on FS1
- No. 24 Tulsa at Navy, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN2
- ULM at Arkansas State, 3 p.m. on ESPN3
- Boston College at Virginia, 3:30 p.m. on RSN/ESPN3
- Stanford at No. 22 Washington, 4 p.m. on FOX
- Georgia Tech at NC State, 4 p.m. on ACC Network
- Florida Atlantic at Georgia Southern, 6 p.m. on ESPN+
- San Jose State at Hawaii, 6 p.m. on Spectrum/Team1
- No. 23 Oregon at California, 7 p.m. on ESPN
- Colorado State at San Diego State, 7 p.m. on CBSSN
- Colorado at Arizona, 7 p.m. on FS1
- South Carolina at Kentucky, 7:30 p.m. on SEC Network
- No. 10 Miami at Duke, 8 p.m. on ACC Network
- Baylor at No. 11 Oklahoma, 8 p.m. on FOX
- Fresno State at Nevada, 9 p.m. on FS2
- UCLA at Arizona State, 10:30 p.m. on FS1
- Oregon State at Utah, 10:30 p.m. on ESPN
- Wyoming at New Mexico, 10:30 p.m. on CBSSN
Podcast: Coaching Carousel and Week 14 Preview and Predictions