College football fans continue to be treated to a longer season, with the FCS hosting its busiest day of the spring season yet. Several conferences are starting their shortened schedule, including the Big Sky and Southland, which gives fans several matchups involving ranked teams to enjoy.
While most won't be able to find any games on regular broadcast networks, nearly every FCS game will be on ESPN+, making it easy to check in on multiple games throughout Saturday. We've highlighted the four best of the slate, complete with predictions and previews, but there are plenty of intriguing games, including a look ahead at the return of the WAC in the fall.
So if you're wondering "What college football games are on today?" know this: There are 20 involving FCS teams scheduled for today, Saturday, Feb. 27.
Note: All times are ET. Times and broadcast outlets are subject to change.
Best College Football Games on TV Today
South Dakota State at North Dakota, 1 p.m. on ESPN+/MidCoSN 2
Both the Jackrabbits and Fighting Hawks (Athlon's reigning Team of the Week) are facing a ranked conference rival for the second straight week to begin the season. Can North Dakota's ball-hawking defense slow down South Dakota State's efficient offense?
North Dakota State at Southern Illinois, 1 p.m. on NBC ND/ESPN+
The Bison haven't lost since Nov. 4, 2017, and the Salukis will try to put that streak to a stop. Even without NFL-bound quarterback Trey Lance, North Dakota State rumbled to a 25-7 win last week, while Southern Illinois was blown out on the road by North Dakota and is in danger of falling out of the Athlon Sports FCS Power Poll.
Eastern Washington at Idaho, 6 p.m. on SWX/Pluto TV
The Eagles, who were national runners-up two years ago, open up their spring season on the road against the Vandals. This matchup of ranked teams should have major implications in the Big Sky Conference, which is once again one of the best in the FCS.
Southeastern Louisiana at Sam Houston, 7 p.m. on ESPN+
Nicholls may be the favorite in the Southland, which opens its season this weekend, but the Lions and Bearkats are both serious playoff contenders in their own right. This series has been close in recent years, although Sam Houston has a chance to win its fourth game in a row.
Other NCAAF Games on TV Today
- Howard at Delaware State, 12 p.m. on ESPN3
- Wofford at Chattanooga, 12 p.m. on ESPN+
- Northern Iowa at Youngstown State, 12 p.m. on ESPN+
- Robert Morris at James Madison, 12 p.m. on NBCSW+/FloFootball
- Western Carolina at Samford, 1 p.m. on ESPN+
- South Dakota at Illinois State, 1 p.m. on ESPN+
- Shorter at Kennesaw State, 1 p.m. on ESPN+
- Missouri State at Western Illinois, 1 p.m. on ESPN+
- UIW at McNeese, 1 p.m. on ESPN+
- Furman at VMI, 1:30 p.m. on ESPN+
- Dixie State at Tarleton State, 3 p.m. on ESPN+
- Southern Utah at Northern Arizona, 3 p.m. on Pluto TV
- The Citadel at Mercer, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN+/Nexstar
- Elon at Gardner-Webb, 4 p.m. on ESPN+
- Lamar at Nicholls, 4 p.m. on ESPN+
- Weber State at Idaho State, 6 p.m. on Pluto TV