Intriguing games across the country litter Saturday's slate
Week 12 of the 2020 college football season has been hit by more cancellations and postponements but still has plenty of games to offer on Saturday, Nov. 21. COVID-19 continues to impact schools' abilities to field full teams, as 17 total games for this week have been postponed or canceled. Every single FBS conference had at least one game removed from this week's slate. Games impacted include Ole Miss-Texas A&M, Georgia Tech-Miami, Michigan State-Maryland, Houston-SMU, San Jose State-Fresno State, and Washington State-Stanford.
There are still plenty of matchups to look forward to, including a pair of showdowns between undefeated teams in the Big Ten, intriguing pairings in the American Athletic Conference and Sun Belt, and the latest installment of one of the nation's top rivalry games.
So if you're wondering "What college football games are on today?" know this: There are 35 involving FBS teams scheduled for today, Saturday, Nov. 21.
Note: All times are ET. Times and broadcast outlets are subject to change.
Best College Football Games on TV Today
No. 4 Clemson at Florida State, 12 p.m. on ABC
For the past decade, the winner of this game has gone on to claim the ACC Atlantic Division title. There are no divisions this year, but Clemson has been in full control of this series the last five years and the Tigers come into this meeting with Trevor Lawrence back at quarterback as well as still smarting from their loss to Notre Dame. Can Florida State make something out of this disaster of a season by knocking off the Tigers at home?
Appalachian State at No. 15 Coastal Carolina, 12 p.m. on ESPN2
Coastal Carolina has faced little opposition in getting to 7-0. Appalachian State has won five in a row and isn't quite ready to hand over its Sun Belt East crown. Can the Mountaineers hand the Chanticleers their first loss?
No. 9 Indiana at No. 3 Ohio State, 12 p.m. on FOX
It's been an impressive season already for Indiana but Ohio State is on another level compared to the other teams the Hoosiers have defeated. The Buckeyes have a chance to impress the College Football Playoff Selection Committee if they can post a dominating win over a top-10 team.
UCLA at No. 11 Oregon, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN2
Chip Kelly returns to Autzen Stadium and while Oregon looks different under Mario Cristobal compared to when he was running things, the Ducks' offense seems to have found a new gear with offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead calling the plays. Kelly's Bruins got their first win of the season last week, so is an upset of the defending Pac-12 champions next?
No. 10 Wisconsin at No. 19 Northwestern, 3:30 p.m. on ABC
The top two teams in the Big Ten West face off in Evanston with the winner seizing control of the division. Wisconsin has looked impressive in its first two games but Northwestern's defense will be the toughest test Badgers redshirt freshman quarterback Graham Mertz has faced yet.
No. 7 Cincinnati at UCF, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN
Cincinnati is undefeated and in the lead for the Group of 5's New Year's Six bowl berth. This is a position UCF is all too familiar with. Will the Knights put a severe dent in the Bearcats' postseason aspirations when the two meet in the Bounce House?
No. 14 Oklahoma State at No. 18 Oklahoma, 7:30 p.m. on ABC
It's Bedlam! Oklahoma State got off to a better start than Oklahoma but the Sooners have quietly been rounding into form while the Cowboys were tripped up a couple of weeks ago by Texas. So not only is this a rivalry game with in-state bragging rights on the line, but a win by Oklahoma would add even more intrigue to the Big 12 standings (and run their streak over OSU to six in a row).
Other NCAAF Games on TV Today
- No. 6 Florida at Vanderbilt, 12 p.m. on ESPN
- LSU at Arkansas, 12 p.m. on SEC Network
- Georgia Southern at Army, 12 p.m. on CBSSN
- Illinois at Nebraska, 12 p.m. on FS1
- East Carolina at Temple, 12 p.m. on ESPN+
- Arkansas State at Texas State, 12 p.m. on ESPNU
- Stephen F. Austin at Memphis, 12 p.m. on ESPN+
- Rice at North Texas, 2 p.m. on ESPN3
- FIU at WKU, 2 p.m. on ESPN3
- North Alabama at No. 8 BYU, 3 p.m. on BYUtv/ESPN3
- UTSA at Southern Miss, 3 p.m. on ESPN+
- Iowa at Penn State, 3:30 p.m. on BTN
- California at Oregon State, 3:30 p.m. on FS1
- San Diego State at Nevada, 3:30 p.m. on CBS
- Middle Tennessee at Troy, 3:30 p.m. on ESPN3
- Georgia State at South Alabama, 3:30 p.m. on ESPNU
- Kentucky at No. 1 Alabama, 4 p.m. on SEC Network
- Kansas State at No. 17 Iowa State, 4 p.m. on FOX
- Virginia Tech at Pitt, 4 p.m. on ACC Network
- Abilene Christian at Virginia, 4 p.m. on RSN/ESPN3
- Tennessee at No. 23 Auburn, 7 p.m. on ESPN
- Mississippi State at No. 13 Georgia, 7:30 p.m. on SEC Network
- No. 21 Liberty at NC State, 7:30 p.m. on RSN/ESPN3
- Michigan at Rutgers, 7:30 p.m. on BTN
- Missouri at South Carolina, 7:30 p.m. on SEC Network Alt.
- Arizona at Washington, 8 p.m. on FOX
- No. 20 USC at Utah, 10:30 p.m. on ESPN
- Boise State at Hawaii, 11 p.m. on CBSSN
Podcast: Week 12 Preview and Predictions